[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Sorting Org Units in the OPAC

Paul Waak ptwaak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:42:21 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am working on adding a sort by distance feature to the holdings
display in the OPAC.  So far, I have extended actor.org_address to
hold an optional latitude and longitude. I have also added a table
actor.org_unit_distance similar to actor.org_unit_proximity but
populated with distance information.  I am not sure where to go from
here.  It looks like the default sorting for the OPAC happens in
_rdetailBuildInfoRows(), but I am not sure about what is happening
there in terms of the final display.  Am I heading in the right
direction?

Paul Waak
pwaak at yahoo.com
Advisor to the North Texas Library Consortium