[OPEN-ILS-DEV] A blast from the past: trouble editing MARC records

Victoria Bush vbush at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 30 10:18:56 EDT 2009

I seem to be running into a problem that cropped up last year,
according to the dev archives. Now that I have Evergreen up and
running (many thanks to all who helped), I'm noticing the same dialog
box pops up when trying to edit a MARC record as was presented last
October/November by Marcel Beteler:

 > /FIXME.MARC editor, my_init: SyntaxError: missing =XML attribute/

I have checked, and the clients seem to be the same recent version as
the Evergreen server. I even checked the XML description that Dan
Scott suggested be verified at

http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2008-November/003842.html

and in my case, I have a <record ....> style entry, not the
<marc:record...> entry that may have caused problems before. At that
time, Dan suggested checking the libxml2 libraries to make sure they
were recent, but I seem to have the latest and greatest versions.

Google isn't turning anything up, and I'm not seeing anything on the
Evergreen documentation site.

Ideas? Suggestions?

--
Victoria Bush