[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Thanks UPEI! Google Book Preview patch integrated into trunk

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 11:16:18 EDT 2009

2009/3/8 Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org>:
> Dan Scott wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it'll need more than just I18n, unfortunately.  It's currently
>>>  set up to blow away the excerpt added content that other AC modules
>>>  provide,
>>>

>> I don't remember seeing any excerpts provided by Syndetics so far - if
>> they do provide excerpts, perhaps they are few and far between for
>> academic content at least - which is why I wasn't worried about the
>> blowing away behaviour.
>
> I knew I'd seen at least one.  Had to dig a bit to find one, but yes,
> Syndetics certainly has at least some excerpts.
>
> http://grpl.michiganevergreen.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=4224479&ol=9&t=perl&tp=keyword&l=9&d=1&hc=94&rt=keyword

Cool, good to see. Thanks Bill!

It's not a concern any more, as my most recent commit sets up a
separate Preview tab for Google Book Preview (which is required by
Google Book Search branding guidelines in any case). I apologize for
the ten hours that all libraries running bleeding edge trunk were in
danger of trampling Syndetics excerpts :)

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University