[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OrgTree.js - hardcoded strings?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 12:08:06 EDT 2009

2009/3/11 Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com>:
> 2009/3/11 Duimovich, George <George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca>:
>> Ok -- that makes sense. If I recall correctly, changes have to be updated with autogen.sh (RTFM, george!)
>
> Heh, don't beat yourself up. I forget about autogen.sh myself all the time.
>
> Actually, despite your high praise for our I18N work, right now while
> the org_tree_js.pl script is locale-aware, I haven't taught autogen.sh
> to be locale-aware; so we currently generate a single organization
> tree in /openils/var/web/opac/common/js/OrgTree.js - this has been
> bugging me for the last little while.
>
> I have a long plane ride this evening, and we need this ourselves real
> soon now - so I'll work on this tonight.

So, as mentioned, we weren't generating localized OrgTree.js (for the
dynamic OPAC) or lib_list.inc (for the SlimPac) files.

I checked two patches into trunk a few minutes ago; one to fix a bug
in the localization support for requesting the org tree, and one to
build localized versions of the org trees and teach the dynamic OPAC
and SlimPac about them.

We'll need to backport these to 1.4, after which you will have to
rerun autogen.sh. I might be able to do that tonight - I'm pretty jet
lagged.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University