[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [open-ils-commits] r12510 - in trunk: Open-ILS/web/reports/xul build/i18n/po/en-US (miker)

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 19:52:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that you don't / shouldn't update POT files directly; instead,
> you want to update the corresponding native en-US file (
> Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/reports/nls/en/us/reports.js in this
> case).

Unfortunately, no such file exists.  Firebug tells me that
Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/reports/nls/reports.js does, though, so
I'll move my updates there and clear out the rest of the strings.

> "make newpot" generates updated POT files and will overwrite
> these changes based on the contents of reports.js. Similarly, just add
> entity definitions directly to lang.dtd rather than lang.dtd.pot -- or
> in this case hardcoding strings in the XUL -- heh :)

I believe that at this point you're the only one that knows the "best
practices" for all of the moving parts of i18n, so you'll need to bear
with the me (or point me to the the docs I missed on your dojo-PO
integration).

> I suppose we could delete the POT files from SVN. I had checked them
> in to make it relatively easy for someone to grab a copy for their own
> translation purposes; but if it's going to cause confusion, I can turf
> them.

It seems to have, yes.  If we leave them in place, what mechanism do
you suggest for keeping them up to date?  We don't want translators
translating from what amounts to the previous version's strings, I
would think.