[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Dumb question about circ setup

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 16 15:56:22 EDT 2009

We can circulate in our little test db for 1.4.0.2 and I made my org units and some patron groups.

I'd like to fool around with customizing some of the circ rules.  But I think I'm missing a step.  I see the circ_duration.js  and I also see the tables, where I've a couple of custom rows to

config.rule_circ_duration

and, what the heck in

config.circ_matrix_matchpoint

and config.circ_matrix_ruleset

Seems like there's not a UI for the circ rule tables but I just thought I'd try to get a long circ duration for my faculty user, and a shorter duration for my student user by pointing to the duration rows I added.

Do I have to modify .js scripts?  I was hoping my rules in the tables would take effect and the system would fall back to the default rules if those did not apply. I'm still getting the default duration of 14 days for everybody, though.  Can someone point me in the direction of where to make my customizations work?  Thanks.

Frances McNamara
University of Chicago