[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Regarding installation of Evergreen 1.0.4

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:45:57 EDT 2009

2009/5/7 Dibyendra Hyoju <dibyendra at gmail.com>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have been trying to install Evergreen 1.4.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron
> since couple of days ago. I have successfully installed PostgreSQL 8.2
> database system from the source code. Also, installation of the OpenSRF
> 1.0.6 was successful. After coming back to the installation of Evergreen
> 1.4.0, I have followed the provided 15 steps, as provided on
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.4.0:install, but couldn't
> succeed in starting Evergreen due to the problem occured in step 4, relating
> to PostgreSQL.
>
> While issuing the following command, following error occurs, although the
> two configuration files contain correct authentication parameters for
> PostgreSQL:
>
> root at dibyendra-laptop:/home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-1.4.0.4#  perl
> Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/eg_db_config.pl --update-config --service-all
> --create-schema --create-bootstrap --create-offline --user evergreen
> --password evergreendb --hostname localhost --port 5432 -- database
> evergreen
> Unknown option: service-all

This is one of the keys! The option should be "--service all" - no
connecting hyphen (-) between the two. This tells the script to update
all of the Evergreen services in opensrf.xml that connect to a
database to use the parameters that you are passing at the command
line; or, if you don't pass a parameter at the command line, to use
the first corresponding value of that it finds in opensrf.xml.

So, when you pass "-- database evergreen", the extra space between the
"--" and "database" is enough to confuse the script, and it goes to
lookup the database name from the existing opensrf.xml file. Try
"--database evergreen" instead.

When you fix those two options in your command, things should be a lot better!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University