[OPEN-ILS-DEV] commenting out elements in xul

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri May 22 16:52:43 EDT 2009

> Do I need to restart anything (other than the local staff client) after commenting out a vbox element?

Hi Grant, you don't, unless Apache gets weird and won't serve the new
version of the file.  You don't even need to restart the client.  You
can simply close the interface being affected (make sure it's not
loaded in any tab anywhere), and then do Admin -> For Developers ->
Clear Cache.

If commenting out the element gives you trouble, you may want to try
using a hidden="true" attribute instead.  That way the element is
still there for code happening to look for it, it's just not being
visibly rendered.

--
Jason Etheridge