[OPEN-ILS-DEV] SQL for 856 query

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri May 29 16:28:30 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have an indirect way for getting what I want, but my approach leaves me with a non-dynamic solution (using create tables, joins, and update queries, etc.). I believe crosstab and "tablefunc" in pgsql is what will do the trick, but I'm lacking in the time/expertise to explore at the moment...

I basically want to query metabib_full_rec in a way that I can crosstab the subfields across as column headings for every record number plus 856|u unique combination there is in metabib_full_rec, ie.

Record		856u			2	3	etc.	...z
7796524	http://www.nist.gov	Value	Value	etc.	...Value

Any "easy" way to do this??

George Duimovich