No subject

Thu May 28 17:10:26 EDT 2009

=2C 240a=2C 242a=2C 246a=2C etc. into the fingerprint. But how does the sof=
tware define the likeness to decide which records should be grouped togethe=
r? Based on the value of variable "quality" or any other mechanism?=20

=20

Grace
=20
> Date: Wed=2C 26 Aug 2009 09:44:38 -0400
> From: mrylander at gmail.com
> To: open-ils-dev at list.georgialibraries.org
> Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Clustering editions in Laurentian's Evergreen=
 catalog?
>=20
> On Tue=2C Aug 25=2C 2009 at 5:22 PM=2C Karen Schneider<kgs at esilibrary.com=
> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue=2C Aug 25=2C 2009 at 5:10 PM=2C Frances Dean McNamara
> > <fdmcnama at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> I notice searching Laurentian's catalog that they are clustering editi=
ons.
> >>  Check Jane Austen or Mark Twain.  Interesting.
> >>
> >> Is that a custom feature or part of 1.6 Evergreen?  And what is it usi=
ng
> >> to cluster?  An algorithm?  A number?
> >>
> >> Frances McNamara
> >> University of Chicago
> >
> > Frances=2C are you talking about Group Formats and Editions? That's bee=
n in
> > Evergreen since... a long time=2C maybe the first version. You can have=
 it be
> > the default for Evergreen or you can switch it on in advanced search (n=
ot
> > that users would understand what that did!). To see it in work on
> > dev.gapines.org=2C go to Advanced Search=2C select Group Format and Edi=
tions=2C
> > and use Azkaban as a keyword. Note how the different formats show up as
> > icons.
> >
> > I believe it's an algorithm.
> >
>=20
> Indeed these metarecord results are grouped using an algorithm. At
> record ingest time we take a fingerprint of each record=2C and group
> records with like fingerprints. You can make the metarecord result
> display the default by editing
> /openils/var/web/opac/common/js/config.js and setting SHOW_MR_DEFAULT
> to true (it ships as false by default). The algorithm is defined by
> biblio_fingerprint.js which lives=2C by default=2C in
> /openils/var/catalog/.
>=20
> --=20
> Mike Rylander
> | VP=2C Research and Design
> | Equinox Software=2C Inc. / The Evergreen Experts
> | phone: 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
> | email: miker at esilibrary.com
> | web: http://www.esilibrary.com

Stay on top of things=2C check email from other accounts!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=3D9671355=

--_66765f73-a88a-4d3c-9a1a-56fbd897be6c_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B