[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Rethinking the Evergreen OPAC client

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Tue Nov 3 21:41:57 EST 2009

Sounds like an interesting project, not without some considerable hurdles.
I am personally a big fan of jQuery, and would love to see it used over some
of the current techniques.  One feat will be to undo the locally defined $
function that conflicts with default jQuery namespace.
My main question: how will this refactoring project relate back to the
mainline?  Is anybody going to try and keep the versions in sync as you go?

When you talk about keeping the functionality "the same", that is easier to
imagine if the target were a static version.  In this case it is much more
difficult to keep it "the same" as the moving target that is the trunk.
That being said, I think everybody would be happy with more modular and
extensible web infrastructure.  I look forward to seeing some of the code...

--Joe