[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Metabib Keyword Indexing Issue

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:55:20 EST 2009

2009/11/4 Doug Kyle <dkyle at grpl.org>:
> We are seeing cases where a 600 tag with an author and dates such as this:
>
> 600 1 0. ‡aMarquette, Jacques, ‡d1637-1675.
>
> Has the first name and date run together in the metabib.keyword_field_entry
> table like so, jacques1637. Its only with that type of 600 tag in the
> keyword_field_entry table.
>
> Has anyone else seen this? and where would I look to fix it, could this be
> an xsl file problem?

Hi Doug:

Would you be willing to file a bug about this at
http://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen - including the version of
Evergreen you're running and a sample bib record that produces the
problem?

What I wrote in IRC yesterday was "mkfe comes from an xpath expression
against the MODS3.x (depending on your EG version) transform of the
bib record, as written up in the ModsParser.pm module and some entries
in the database", which should help us track down where the problem is
being introduced. It could be the MARC-to-MODS stylesheet that's the
issue, or it could be something else in the chain. Having a bib record
that would help us reproduce the problem would be a great help.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University