[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** PATCH: paging for large numbers of items

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Nov 5 16:10:06 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 15:44 -0500, Art W Rhyno wrote:
> This is a patch for dealing with bib records that have large numbers
> of items, a situation which can cause the network to timeout in the
> opac if the set is too large. At Windsor, this is often caused by
> microfilm sets, for example, The New York Times [1] has 3527 items, I
> suspect a better approach for dealing with this is to set up an
> opensrf call that leverages postgres for doing the paging, but this
> modifies the rdetail.js file in the opac skin. I have put a simplistic
> sorting function in place, many of our microform holdings have the
> year as the final part of the call number, and this sorts the set in
> order when the call number is in this format.
>
> DCO attached, feedback welcome, and thanks to Dan for pushing us to
> put forward opac modifications.
>
> art
> ----
> 1.
> http://windsor.concat.ca/opac/en-CA/skin/uwin/xml/rdetail.xml?r=1529832&t=new%20york%20times&tp=keyword&l=106&d=1&hc=825&rt=keyword

This is great, Art!

I'm attaching a version of your patch created by applying your patch to
trunk, generating a new diff starting from the top level of the source
tree, and adding the -x -w options to "svn diff" to skip any of the
whitespace difference noise. This is smaller by about 3k and a little
bit easier for other reviewers to apply and visually inspect, otherwise
it is identical to your patch.