[OPEN-ILS-DEV] a query

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 9 11:18:22 EST 2009

Related question::

1) if  records were once Imported [1] as bibliographic  records with
separate MFHD records,  would the export be bib records + separate
MFHD records again with record linking according to MARC  ?

In other words and to avoid "data lock-in":  if you migrate to
Evergreen and at some point need to do another migration, you can
export  and have the data you had + all the changes -- also changes
made with the E 1.6  MFHD editor ?

(I recently learned you can do RSS feeds based on both your
bibliographic and MFHD data but  I mean a full Export to, say, MARC21
binary that brings out your bib + MFHD combinations again)

2) is anyone planning  on an Exporting tool - Vandelay cannot handle
MFHD and there seem to be no command-line scripts [2]

Thanks, Repke, IISH

[1] http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/tests/
datasets/README
[2] like there is for Import: http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/
browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/extras/import

Op 8-nov-2009, om 16:28 heeft Mike Rylander het volgende geschreven: