[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction: Jeroen van Meeuwen (Fedora Project)

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Tue Nov 17 09:29:06 EST 2009

> My goal is to get the Evergreen Open ILS and OpenSRF packaged for Fedora,
> as well as Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux[1].

Awesome.  This is a difficult but highly valuable task.  Installation is a
major pain point and impediment to wider adoption.

I suggest that Jeroen should get a trac login for filing and updating the
various bugs that affect installation, like:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/58

I'm sure there will be things that require combined efforts to resolve, but
it is great to have somebody focused directly on packaging!

--Joe Atzberger

| phone: 877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
| web: http://esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/