[OPEN-ILS-DEV] TCN value question related to Keeping bib / auth / MFHD / record identifiers in sync post

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Fri Nov 20 10:26:52 EST 2009

Quoting Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net>:

> Well, the database schema just defines biblio.record_entry.tcn_source as
> a non-null TEXT column with a default value of "AUTOGEN" - no further
> constraints. So it's not tied to the config.bib_source table.

Thanks for the great answer, Dan. I'll have to look at the cataloging
code more closely.

Seems that I confused biblio.record_entry.source with
biblio.record_entry.tcn_source in my previous mail. That's what I get
for typing from memory and not verifying things.

For the latter, my import program uses OCLC if the TCN starts with 'o'
otherwise, it puts in the string System Local. Think I'll change that
to use the content of the 003 if present.

Cheers, again!