[OPEN-ILS-DEV] post installation support scripts checklist

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Wed Nov 25 15:43:30 EST 2009

Thanks Mike,

Robert

Robert Soulliere
Systems Librarian
robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Tel: 905-575-1212 X3936

Library at Mohawk
Connect * Learn * Succeed
brain.mohawkcollege.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Mike Rylander
Sent: November 25, 2009 1:36 PM
To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] post installation support scripts checklist

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Soulliere, Robert
<robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In Evergreen 1.4 it was necessary for us  to run support scripts for various
> tasks. I was wondering if the 1.6 upgrade automated some of these tasks in
> the system or if they are still required to be run manually or with cron
> jobs:
>
> Here are the processes I am referring to:
>
> Fine generator

Still required, works the same as 1.4.

Trunk (what will become 1.8 or 2.0, or maybe just a stream of nightly
builds?!) relaxes this requirement.  It's still required that you run
the fine generator nightly if you want to show accrued fines, but the
fine generator is also run at checkin, meaning that it's not strictly
required, but to retain current behavior, a nightly run is encouraged.

> Sending overdue and predue notices

There is a whole new infrastructure for this, but the existing scripts
will continue to work.

> Re-ingesting uningested items after they are added or edited in Evergreen
> (caused by bug where some items "got stuck"?)

This is fixed in both 1.4.0.7 and 1.6.0.0.  Run your re-ingester once
after the upgrade to clean up any remaining records.

> Reshelve items  which didn't get reshelved automatically by the system after
> a certain time - Reshelving_complete.srfsh

reshelving_complete.srfsh is still required  There are no plans to
replace this at the moment, but it may become configurable per org
unit.

 | VP, Research and Design
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  miker at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.