[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Suggestions for locking down OPAC computers

Erik Lewis elewis at ngrl.org
Mon Nov 30 16:09:13 EST 2009

Doesn't take much
Add in the RKiosk plugin to Firefox
Ubuntu with the Kiosk Admin Tool, i believe you need KDE by default
Auto login enabled for your opac user
Symlink the firefox executable to the users autostart directory

thats about it if I remember correctly, took like an hour one morning
a year ago then cloned it to 5 others with clonezilla

Not much to it at all