[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Or maybe, developer IRC meeting: Friday, October 16th, 10:00 am EST

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Oct 12 16:00:35 EDT 2009

2009/10/12 Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net>:
> We had 13 total responses to the poll for best times to hold the
> developer IRC meeting, although two of them were refined responses based
> on the clarification of the 1:00am/2:00am as actually meaning 1:00pm /
> 2:00 pm.
>
> So of the total of 11 responses, the best time (where only one person
> would not be able to attend) turned out to be Friday, October 16th, at
> 9:00 AM EST. My apologies to our friends on the West Coast - you're
> welcome to attend in your pyjamas, even in bed - just don't turn on your
> webcams, please :)
>
> As a reminder, this is a public meeting for Evergreen developers that
> will be held on the #evergreen channel on the Freenode IRC network
> (http://open-ils.org/irc.php). All members of the community with an
> interest in contributing to the development of Evergreen are welcome to
> attend - and if you are unable to attend at the designated time, please
> feel free to submit comments for any of the agenda items in advance to
> the Evergreen development mailing list.
>
> The agenda is continuing to evolve at
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings:2009-10 - please
> extend and amend to ensure that it meets the immediate concerns of the
> project. We might be able to make the meeting go a bit smoother by doing
> some work in advance; for example, I've taken a few minutes to try and
> clean up the bugs/features in Trac that I should have closed months ago
> or deferred to a subsequent release.
>
> For agenda items that have the potential to be too long to express
> during a single IRC meeting, it would probably make sense to post more
> considered opinions in advance on this mailing list. Examples of such
> agenda items might include major release process changes or drastically
> revising our bug tracking processes. If a given discussion item starts
> eating up too much meeting time and a decision is not immediately
> necessary, we can also delegate the responsibility to a volunteer
> sub-team for investigating alternatives and coming up with a proposal
> for adoption at the next meeting.
>
> Lastly, all of this is new, so I'm sure there will be plenty of learning
> as we go - like, distinguishing between AM vs. PM. Heh. :)

Well, just to throw another curve... it seems that in an attempt to be
helpful, when you enable time zone support, even though you enter the
times for a given poll with a given time zone (I chose "America/New
York"), Doodle resets the time zone display to "America/Rainy River"
for everyone every time they enter the poll. So, those who switched
the time zone to "America/New York" (or the equivalent) would have
seen time slot choices of 2:00 am, 3:00 am, 8:00 am, 9:00 am, and
10:00 am; while the default of "America/Rainy River" showed 1:00am,
2:00am, 7:00am, 8:00am, and 9:00am.