[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: 1.6 RC1 (and 1.4 and probably before) subject searching

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Oct 12 20:01:11 EDT 2009

Dan, hi. I do feel this is worth backporting (easy for me to say, not
doing the work). We've been very unhappy about this problem ever since
we had Alexander work up the code to make the subject headings be
hotlinked/searchable, and discovered the problem, last fall under 1.2, I
think. We're planning to go to 1.6 in December, and all of our
librarians would be very appreciative if we got this fixed when we do
that upgrade.

Melissa

---
Melissa Belvadi
Emerging Technologies & Metadata Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca
902-566-0581

2009/9/17 Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net>:
> The subject search in bibtemplate, interestingly enough, searches
> against the keywords index rather than the subject index.
>
> This might just be a fortuitous mistake, but I suspect it is because
> the subject index doesn't currently support searches of compound
> subjects composed of topic + temporal + geographic headings.
>[...]

For what it's worth, I did commit this change to trunk in changeset
14250, along with the required upgrade SQL.

However, I'd like to know if others feel this is important enough to
be backported to 1.6. To me, subject searching feels broken out of the
box without this patch.