[OPEN-ILS-DEV] making pre-req installs %.001 more automated

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Sep 4 08:45:01 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Wills,Steve <wills at nelinet.net> wrote:

> Is there anything a newer admin can learn from allowing aptitude to be more
> verbose?  If so, is it worth a line in the HOW-TO that a n00b can toggle
> this default if they want?
>
> uh... ahem... not that...uh... I would need to learn anything.... heh.

No, of course not ;)  In fact, I suggested -q with no "level" arguments
because it just removes the the download progress updates and generally
makes it easier to spot problems.   It still shows what packages are
downloaded and installed and reports warnings/errors.  I doubt it will be
missed.

<snip>

-b

--