[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6.0.0RC1 database update errors

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 19:35:17 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> There are apparently sites that have set up auditing of extra tables,
> and these lines are directed towards them. We should add at least a
> comment to the script telling people not to worry about it when it
> throws an error (or, if the DB upgrade was written in Perl, just catch
> the error and move on without disturbing the user) - but I wonder
> whether it makes sense to have the publicly available release be
> internally consistent so that it doesn't throw extraneous errors.

Having the end results of the public release's database setup and
upgrade scripts be completely consistent would have a big advantage:
the question of whether a database upgrade was successful (or at least
error-free) or not would become a binary decision.  It would also make
it easier to write test cases for the upgrade.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton