[OPEN-ILS-DEV] symlink for hardy 8.04

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Sep 14 21:54:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> I may have missed this in the docs somewhere, but I found the instructions
> for the symlink at
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.2:ubuntu804:readme should
> be
>
> cd /openils/var/web/xul
> sudo ln -sf rel_1_4_0_0 rel_1_2_3_1

Hrmm, this seems to imply that you have a 1.4 version of EG now and
you're trying to allow a 1.2 client to speak to it.  The 1.4 series
and 1.2 series aren't compatible in that way.

You should grab the 1.4.0.6 client, and make a symlink for it:

cd /openils/var/web/xul
sudo ln -sf rel_1_4_0_0 rel_1_4_0_6

There are some bad bugs in versions of 1.4 prior to 1.4.0.6, however,
so you may want to try upgrading that image.

--
Jason Etheridge