[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Reshelving Complete

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Thu Sep 17 19:33:57 EDT 2009

We've found some oddities in the times at which items would go from
reshelving to available.  I've located a couple issues, and am wondering
what others think about the process.

I've found some items selected by the query that I can't explain.  It's
a pretty complex query, but I believe the later portion, designed to
make newly processed items that have never circulated available, is
selecting more than expected, but I can't identify a reason.

A separate issue exists with transited items.  The current query looks
at the circ.checkin_time and the copy status, but not the copy
edit_date.  This means that a transited item will not consider the
circ.reshelving_complete.interval, as the checkin may have occurred long
before the status is changed from in transit to reshelving.

My question is:  Is it important to look at the circulation at all?
Would it be bad to have all items to go from reshelving to available on
the same timeline, regardless of how they got there?

Would the following accomplish this?  I'll also attach a patch for
action.pm with this included.

UPDATE  $cp
       SET   status = 0
       WHERE id IN (
             SELECT  cp.id
                  FROM $cp cp
                     LEFT JOIN $setting setting
                        ON (cp.circ_lib = setting.org_unit AND
setting.name = 'circ.reshelving_complete.interval')
                     WHERE cp.status = 7
                     GROUP BY 1,cp.edit_date
                     HAVING cp.edit_date < NOW() - CAST( COALESCE(
BTRIM( FIRST(setting.value),'"' ), ? )  AS INTERVAL)
          )