[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6RC1 - Import (Staff Client) - possible bugs

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Mon Sep 21 09:42:57 EDT 2009

Thanks for that suggestion.

The file below imports diacritics fine on our system, but when I select Import All, the status image froze at 12% for that 100 record set. For those records imported, the French accents came out ok.

Interestingly, when I did a batch of 3000 records earlier, the status image froze for me at around 400 records (or about 13% of that record set). Seems to be freezing for me at around the same point..

Thanks,

George

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Dan Scott
Sent: September 18, 2009 22:59
To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6RC1 - Import (Staff Client) - possible bugs

2009/9/18 Duimovich, George <George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca>:

> A few issues for import via Staff Client
>
> * diacritics -- following import of records from III export -- accents
> don't show up properly in Staff Client and OPAC - eg. "G©♭ologie"
> instead of "Géologie"

Have you tried importing some known good records, to ensure that the problem isn't a bad leader in the III-exported records that says they're UTF8 encoded when they're actually MARC8 encoded, or vice versa?

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/tests/datasets/lul_fre_100.mrc
should be a good set of 100 MARC8 encoded records to try out.