[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: 1.6RC1 - features questions

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Sep 21 10:54:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 10:12 -0400, Duimovich, George wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Two quick questions about some proposed new possible features
> discussed earlier.
>
> 1) MARC template editor - it's not in the release notes, but I thought
> the ability to edit MARC templates was going to be in 1.6?  Any status
> update on this?

Hmm, I know nothing about plans in this area. We edit MARC templates the
old-fashioned way: by editing them in a MARC editor by hand, and then
dropping them into the /openils/var/templates/marc/ directory, and if
it's a new template, updating opensrf.xml and restarting the
opensrf.settings service.

> 2) How do access new / alternate patron editing screen (with reduced
> number of tabs, required fields only checkbox, etc.). Which
> configuration file?

For a low-budget way of exposing the alternate patron editor during our
high-intensity period of patron registration, we just added a link to
our /xul/server/index.xhtml file: """a style='color:blue;
text-decoration: underline;' href='/eg/actor/user/register'"""Quick
patron registration interface"""/a"""(replace """ with the appropriate
angle brackets, or just look at
http://laurentian.concat.ca/xul/current/server/)