[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Database upgrades (recent approach)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Mon Sep 21 15:23:05 EDT 2009

It's great to see the atomic database migration scripts (better name
suggestions appreciated) getting committed recently! Is there a design
document that lays out how these are expected to be used & how other
developers should create these?

I also think we have a number of atomic scripts to create retroactively (?)

As an aside, I ran across
http://people.debian.org/~seanius/policy/dbapp-policy.html/ch-dbapps.html
and http://people.debian.org/~seanius/policy/dbconfig-common.html
recently, which contributes some suggestions towards resolving the
thorny problems of how we would go about packaging up the database
schema / migrations should we ever get to the shangri-la of Debian
packages for Evergreen.