[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6 RC1 browser support for bibtemplate

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 13:58:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> First, a heads-up that Opera doesn't support the bibtemplate structure
> at all. I believe that's due to Dojo only officially supporting Opera on
> dojo core, not the dojox extensions. Probably not a huge concern with
> Opera hovering around 2% of browser market share, but when I'm browsing
> the Web on my Wii it would be so nice to have item details displaying
> properly... heh.

Yeah, I can't get anything to work in opera... :(

> Second, a slightly more obscure but also more serious bug (based on
> browser market share) is that Internet Explorer (6,7,8) don't support
> one of the advanced bibtemplate features; check the URL display for
> items that have located URIs; in IE, the URLs that are displayed always
> come from the bib record, rather than from the asset.uri table.

Got it.  IE doesn't like direct parent/child css selectors, it seems,
and demands the more generic descendant selector.  I've committed a
fix to trunk (along with a better example title slot-data formatter)
and I'm backporting all the way home.

http://acq.open-ils.org/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rdetail.xml?r=1544