[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Unicorn to Evergreen conversion toolkit

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Thu Apr 29 13:16:38 EDT 2010

Quoting Alan Rykhus <alan.rykhus at mnsu.edu>:

> Hello,

[Snip]

> I'm willing to share the code with the community and have a couple of
> questions.
>
> 1. Where to submit the kit?
> 2. What sort of addition has to be made to the files so that they
> conform to the GPL license?

On number 2, convention is to include a copy of the GPL in the distro
in a file named COPYING or LICENSE.

It is also common practice to put a "copyright" comment header in each
source file. Here's one that I use for something that we have not
released, yet:

/*
  * DO NOT ALTER OR REMOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICES OR THIS FILE HEADER.
  *
  * Copyright © 2010 Merrimack Valley Library Consortium
  *
  * This file is part of MVLC.jar.
  *
  * MVLC.jar is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
  * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
  * the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
  * (at your option) any later version.
  *
  * MVLC.jar is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
  * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
  *
  * along with MVLC.jar.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
  */

The above is from a Java program source file, obviously.

You can find some more tips on this at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

HtH,
Jason