[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Documentation technical questions and clarifications

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Mon Aug 23 13:55:20 EDT 2010

Hi all.

I was looking at documentation and had a couple of basic  technical questions:

Regarding the action trigger mechanism:
1) Is the action trigger mechanism the suggested way to control holds and overdue notices as of the 1.6.0.x series or is doing it from the  opensrf.xml config file settings a better approach for notices for that version of Evergreen?
2) Is it possible to edit the trigger.event_definition.template field from the staff client? This is the field that allows you to edit the template text for a trigger. Is this text editable by staff from the staff client by a local system administrator or can it only be edited directly from the database via a database query by a global administrator? I was hoping to move most of the notices control to local administration chapter of the documentation but maybe that is impossible?

Setting up a z39.50 server documentation:

I was following the instruction here :
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:sru_and_z39.50 to set up a z39.509 server.
but hit a few snags.

When I try the find command to search for items from the yaz-client I get:

Connecting...OK.
HTTP Error Status=404
Content type does not appear to be XML
Elapsed: 0.000812

I tried the command:
"format marcxml"
but got the response:
"Bad format: marcxml"

The version of YAZ I am using is 3.0.52.

The web request works fine. Moreover, the same yaz-client errors occur if I use our own server or the gapines test server.

Is there a step I am missing or is this related to the version of the yaz-client  am using?

Thanks,
Robert

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message.  If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited.  If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.