[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Format Selector Search

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Dec 14 15:32:07 EST 2010

> We’re trying to change the format selectors that we can use for searches.
> The defaults are Books, Large Print Books, E-books, Audiobooks, Video
> Recordings, Music, and Electronic Resources.    We know where to add
> additional values to the Format Selector drop down, but what we can’t find
> is where the search pulls the format from the bib record data for that
> criteria.     Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Hey June,

It's coming from the MARC Item Form and Item Type.

http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/fixedfield/form.shtm
http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/fixedfield/type.shtm

I think there may be something specifically for distinguishing video
formats, but I'm not familiar with it.

Type:
a    | Language material
t    | Manuscript language material
g    | Projected medium
k    | Two-dimensional nonprojectable graphic
r    | Three-dimensional artifact or naturally occurring object
o    | Kit
p    | Mixed materials
e    | Cartographic material
f    | Manuscript cartographic material