[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Patch for PCRUD

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Dec 23 10:06:47 EST 2010

Hi Nathanael:

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 01:12:44AM +0300, Nathanael Schilling wrote:
> Here's a patch to fix pcrud segfaulting when it gets no params.

Thanks so much for reporting this bug & providing a patch & hanging out
in IRC to discuss it! Even though the patch itself is only a few lines,
I know how long it can take to track something like this down. Great
work!

> I hereby put it in the public domain, i hope that's enough.

As it is only a few lines of code, issues of copyright and licensing are
normally waived. For future submissions though, say if you decide to add
a new feature (a fella can dream, can't he?!), I'll just point out the
"Code Contribution" part of the "Procedures and conventions for
contributing to the Evergreen project" document at
http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contributing

One of the requirements of code submissions to Evergreen is that the
code be submitted with a license that is either the GPL version 2 with
the "or later versions" clause, or with a license that is compatible
with the GPL.  In the eyes of the FSF, at least, "Public domain" falls
under the "compatible with the GPL" list (because it is _not_
copyrighted and no license is therefore needed).
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

The other requirement of more complex contributions is a "Developer's
Certificate of Origin" which is essentially a statement that you have the right
to submit the code to the project.

Again - none of this was required for your bug fix, and we are very
thankful for your assistance! I'm just hoping that maybe, some day,
you'll find these pointers to our project norms helpful for subsequent
contributions :)