[OPEN-ILS-DEV] So close I can TASTE it

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Tue Feb 2 09:23:09 EST 2010

> So, this is a final call for fixes or backporting before we cut
> 1.6.0.1.  Speak now or hold your piece for a little while.
>
>  <http://www.esilibrary.com>

I've identified a set of JS files that are possible 1.6.0.1 candidates.  In
trunk, they have received a number of bug fixes and some relatively minor
feature enhancements.  They could be back-ported wholesale (i.e. sans any
merging).

Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/Event.js
  -- very minor bug fix

Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/PermaCrud.js
  -- better handling of response and error reporting

Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/AutoFieldWidget.js
  - small fixes
  - support for ternary boolean widgets (true/false/null)
  - 2 user-visible changes in
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15395 and
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15397

Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/AutoGrid.js
  - Partial support for paging, enough to function and nothing more.  This
will only be user visible if enabled for a given instance of the grid.
  - numerous other small fixes
  - additional widget override options

Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/EditPane.js
  - additional widget override options

Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/widget/nls/AutoFieldWidget.js
  - text for ternary booleans

Most of these will have no user-visible changes.  The ones that do are
changes for the positive, IMO, and will have to be addressed at some point.
Whether or not we back-port, comes down to the speed at which we can get
them tested in 1.6.0.  It would basically entail copying the files into
place and going through the dojo interfaces, particularly any interfaces
that use AutoGrid.  I'll throw my hat in the ring, but my testing will be
relatively slow for now.

-b

--
Bill Erickson