[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Troubles installing 1.6

Rod MacPherson rod at macphersonclan.com
Sat Jan 2 23:54:17 EST 2010

following Evergreen 1.6.0 install instructions

Opensrf 1.2.0 installed perfectly

In step 2 this postgres install instruction gives an error, I have
e-mailed the developers.
root at evergreen:/home/opensrf# make -f
OpenSRF-1.2.0/src/extras/Makefile.install install_pgsql_server_debs_83

make: *** No rule to make target `install_pgsql_server_debs_83'.  Stop.
root at evergreen:/home/opensrf#

Got a reply from Jason at Equinox.

Rod, it looks like the instructions are a bit jumbled here.

Skip to step 3.I, then do step 2, then resume with step 3.II

Basically the second use of Makefile.install should be happening in
the Evergreen source directory rather than the OpenSRF source
directory.

If you run into any other trouble, I'd suggest posting to the public
OPEN-ILS-DEV mailing list (http://evergreen-ils.org/listserv.php), as
there are more eyeballs there.  Another forum is the IRC channel
(http://evergreen-ils.org/irc.php) for real-time chat, but it's
relatively quiet now during the holidays, and folks may be logged in
but away.

I hope this helps!

-- Jason Etheridge | VP, Tactical Development | Equinox Software, Inc. /
The Evergreen Experts | phone: 1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) | email:
jason at esilibrary.com | web: http://www.esilibrary.com

...Following his advise I got the postgres install done.

continued down the install instructions.

Step 4 I get stuck again.

createdb -E UNICODE evergreen
gives an error.

postgres at evergreen:/home/opensrf$ createdb -E UNICODE evergreen
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to
server: No such file or directory

Any ideas what I need to do now?

--
Rod MacPherson