[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Administration Questions

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Jan 7 11:14:36 EST 2010

Hi Dan,

We try to avoid restarting the services during business hours, if at all possible, since it causes service interruptions. I don't think there is much danger of information loss, but others here with more knowledge could give a more sure answer.

For log rotation, I use the logrotate utility and scheme explained here:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:maintenance:logs&s[]=logs

To minimize log size I also changed the log level settings in opensrf_core.xml to "1" for all services to just capture errors in most logs. If I need more extensive troubleshooting. I set it higher.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere
Systems Librarian