[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Database Error with /cgi-bin/usr_group-setup.cgi

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Sun Jan 10 09:02:03 EST 2010

Hello Bradley,

Glad you got it working.  Did you end up needing to use the IndexData repository?  Just curious.

As for the usr_group-setup.cgi, in my experience it doesn't work any more.  There is a newer interface to this in the Staff Client admin menu, so I think that is your best bet going forward.

Congrats,
Dan

>>> Bradley Peters <bdp+eg at moberley.com> 01/10/10 2:21 AM >>>
Greetings,

As noted in my response to my previous thread, I gave up trying to get
Evergreen installed on the first computer I tried. The installation on
the second computer (also Ubuntu 9.10) went much better. I think I've
managed to install all the various pieces from svn trunk checkouts
(Open-ILS 15290 and OpenSRF 1888). I'm able to log into the staff
client and access the opac interface.

However, I tried to use the configuration CGIs and ran into a problem
with usr_group-setup.cgi. The page stops loading part way down and I
get some error messages that appear related to the database
(DBD::Pg::st execute failed). I'm not sure if this something I've done
to break the default data that comes with the installation or a
problem with this particular CGI. The other screens accessed from
config.cgi all seem to work okay.

I made a small effort to search on the web for some of the messages
that appeared in the Apache error log, but wasn't able to find
anything that I could connect to what I was seeing. Is there some way
that I can verify if the database table in question is the way it
should be?

Thanks,
Bradley Peters.