[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Time for a release?

Duimovich, George George.Duimovich at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Sun Jan 10 11:52:19 EST 2010

Mike,

I take it that there'll be no need to update Staff Clients with 1.6.0.1 when it comes out - correct?

George

George Duimovich
NRCan Library / Bibliothèque de RNCan

-----Original Message-----
From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Mike Rylander
Sent: January 10, 2010 11:44
To: Evergreen Development Discussion List
Subject: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Time for a release?

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset?old_path=%2Fbranches%2Frel_1_6_0&old=14858&new_path=%2Fbranches%2Frel_1_6_0&new=head

That's the collection of changes in the rel_1_6_0 branch waiting to become 1.6.0.1.  IMO, it's nearly (passed?) time, but we need to make sure there are no straggling bits in trunk or rel_1_6 that desperately want to be backported.  I know there are a few small patches that are waiting review and likely commit -- volunteers for review and testing of those would be helpful, committer or not.

By way of a round-up, I see the following changes in that diff which we can use as the start of a release notes doc:

* Two new (to 1.6) translations: cs-CZ and ru-RU
* Updates to the fr-CA translation
* In-database circ matrix bug fixes
* In-db user penalty bug fixes
* Reporter output bug fixes
* Action/Trigger bug fixes
* SIP2 functionality improvements, re character encoding
* Self-check functionality enhancements and bug fixes
* Record Bucket enhancements
* Vandelay (Import/Export) bug fixes
* Assorted other bug fixes

Thoughts?  Things still waiting on backport?  Etc?