[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** a question/comment about relevance ranking

Daniluk, Judy jdaniluk at ntrls.org
Wed Jan 13 17:47:51 EST 2010

Here in North Texas we are on 1.4, but we had a similar problem.  A keyword search on "wildlife" would have many pages of results, but items where "Wildlife" was the complete one-word title would be buried many pages down instead of at the top.  We knew Evergreen could do better because a similar search on the Georgia PINES catalog would correctly bring the one-word titles to the top.

Our Evergreen support is handled by Equinox. Once the problem was brought to their attention, they were able to fix the problem.  I don't know how they did it - something about adjusting relevancy ranking weights.

Judy Daniluk
Technology Consultant, North Texas Regional Library System
6320 Southwest Blvd, Suite 101, Fort Worth, TX 76109
jdaniluk at ntrls.org         817-201-6778 (cell)      817-377-4440 (office)        www.ntrls.org <http://www.ntrls.org/>