[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Patch for staff client window to open other than maximized

Anoop Atre anoop.atre at mnsu.edu
Fri Jan 15 15:53:55 EST 2010

On Windows XP it seems to be

C:\Documents and Settings\LOGIN_NAME\Application
Data\OpenILS\open_ils_staff_client\Profiles\SOME_CHARACTERS\chrome

The Mac client I am using is the SITKA prebuilt one and there the
directory seems to be

~/Library/Application
Support/open_ils_staff_client/Profiles/SOME_CHARACTERS.default/chrome

Thanks for the patch!

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley wrote:
> Hello, list,
>
> Many of you will be aware that after logging in to the Evergreen staff
> client, the main window that opens up does so in a maximized state.Thanks I
> While this is probably optimal for many workstations, it isn't *always*
> optimal, and I have long wanted to have an option to configure whether
> it opens maximized or not.
>
> Here's a quick patch against trunk that allows for that.   With this in
> place, one can add a short file called "window_customization" to one's
> per-user openils profile chrome directory, the contents of which should
> look something like:
>
> {
>     "maximized": false,
>     "width": 800,
>     "height": 600
> }
>
> including the curly braces.
>
> Any of those inner three lines can be omitted if you wish to accept the
> existing defaults, and of course you can substitute any reasonable
> number of pixels for 800 and 600 above.  Those are just examples.
>
> That openils profile chrome directory that I mentioned, on UNIX
> workstations, should be located at a path resembling
>
> ~/.openils/open_ils_staff_client/SOME_CHARACTERS.default/chrome
>
> where SOME_CHARACTERS represents some string of characters, mostly
> hexadecimal digits, which vary from installation to installation.
>
> I'm not sure what the equivalent location is for Windows or Mac, but I'm
> hoping some helpful soul will post them in a reply to the list.
>
> Thanks for any feedback!

Anoop Atre
IS Developer & Integrator, MnPALS
PH: 507.389.5060
OF: 3022 Memorial Library (Office-ML 3022)
--
"Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden"
 ~ Rosa Luxemburg