[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Patch for staff client window to open other than maximized

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Jan 15 20:21:32 EST 2010

>        That would be indeed be good.  I suspect the right answer involves
> the persist attribute of the window element somehow, but at the moment I
> don't quite seem able to get that right (tried things like persist="width
> height screenX screenY" without success, at least on my system).
>
>        Anybody have any thoughts there?

In the past I had trouble with persist and sizemode, but you've
prompted me into trying again, and it appears to be working now at
least with the 1.9 series of xulrunner.

So, for example, we can do sizemode="maximized" height="1024"
width="740" persist="height width sizemode"

and it will default to maximized, and a size of 1024x740 when
un-maximized, but it will also remember both the maximized state and
the un-maximized window dimensions for future invocations.

This is the behavior I've always wanted, so I'm going to commit this
to trunk and rel_1_6.  Thanks!

We probably want to add persist="height width sizemode" to all XUL
windows/dialogs.

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064