[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Small Bug in Automatic Lost Fee Void - Circulate.pm - Patch

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Jan 18 13:07:26 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

> On 1/14/10 4:46 PM, Dan Wells wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We have noticed a small bug in the optional automatic voiding of Lost
>> Fees.  The transaction is not marked as finished, as I believe it should be
>> if there are no other billings (it still shows in the LOST area on the
>> user's account).  I am wondering if more logic will be needed for cases
>> where the fee has been paid and a refund is generated, but we haven't run
>> into that yet :)
>>
>> This patch is against trunk.  For bug fixes, does it makes sense (would it
>> be helpful) to provide a patch for the current branch as well?
>>

> Good catch Dan.  I think this was my miss when I submitted some changes to
> lost item handling some time ago.  I've massaged your patch into our 1.4.?
> code and it works as expected.  In my original testing I apparently hadn't
> taken into account items left with no charges at all.

I'd like to suggest an alternate approach.  The attached diff just moves the
xact_finish logic in checkin_handle_circ() down below the call to
checkin_handle_lost(), so that it occurs only once, after all billings, etc.
have been modified.

-b

--
Bill Erickson
| VP, Software Development & Integration
| phone: 877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
| email: erickson at esilibrary.com
| web: http://esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064