[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [BUILDBOT] [FAILMAIL] openils rev 15338 at 2010-01-19 16:27 by dbs

Shawn Boyette sboyette at esilibrary.com
Tue Jan 19 12:23:38 EST 2010

On 01/19/2010 12:00 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> It sounds like python-lxml isn't installed, which should be a
> prerequisite for the other packages required by the i18n stuff (and it's
> actually specified in
> http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:customizations:i18n as one of the i18n prereqs).
>
> This might be an obvious suggestion, but does "apt-get install
> python-lxml" resolve the problem? If not, it sounds like it's a
> debian-testing problem.

Yeah, python-lxml was the problem, but the problem wasn't that
python-lxml wasn't installed.

Yesterday, udev build 150 rolled over into testing, but it conflicts
with the kernel which was running on the xen slice that the buildbot
lives on, so apt-get did the right thing and refused to upgrade it.

I thought I had finagled everything *else* that had an update yesterday
into setting itself up around the udev failure, but I missed about 10
packages, including python-lxml. These packages were left in an
indeterminate state.

apt-get: usually completely awesome, but occasionally complex and opaque
enough to cause problems.

Anyway, I believe this is resolved, but I'm going to wait until I see a
successful build before I turn listserv notifications back on :)

> I'm a bit surprised the buildbot is running on Debian testing, but then,
> this is trunk code that we're working with, and we haven't specified any
> target distro for Evergreen developers. In an ideal world, I guess we
> would have separate buildbots running on Debian Lenny, Debian testing,
> Ubuntu Karmic, Ubuntu Lucid, Fedora 12&  Rawhide

I agree with your ideal world assessment. I chose Deb Testing because
(1) Debian is the most "officialest" distro for EG, and (2) I view most
important job of the buildbot to tell us that code being worked on today
will work when release time comes. Knowing that trunk compiles on deb
testing is far more helpful in the long run than knowing that it
compiles on stable (e.g. there doesn't seem to be a need for custom
postgres compilation anymore).

In short, I chose to try to catch *upcoming* problems and look ahead to
see what present problems can be *resolved*.

--
Shawn Boyette
<sboyette at esilibrary.com>

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference!
It is being held April 20 - 23, 2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and
Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/