[OPEN-ILS-DEV] how to extract user queries from logs?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Tue Jan 26 12:43:24 EST 2010

Hi, I'm looking at one day's opensrf.log trying to figure out how I can
extract from this a list of what actual user queries (search strings)
users have done through the normal interface (eg not z3950).
First, am I looking in the correct log file?
Second, can anyone tell me what kind of pattern to look for to grep out
just the lines that contain the user's keyword string? Once I know I'm
looking at the right kinds of lines, I can figure out how to extract the
query string out from the rest of the line.

Thanks!

---
Melissa Belvadi
Emerging Technologies & Metadata Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca
902-566-0581