[OPEN-ILS-DEV] setting the source

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Wed Jul 14 11:05:14 EDT 2010

You got it Robert.

The Vandelay source dropdown needs to display config.bib_source.source
and set  value config.bib_source.id in biblio.record_entry.source.
It is displaying the source strings fine but not setting any values at
all in the imported record

F. Grant Johnson
  Systems Coordinator
  309 Robertson Library
  University of Prince Edward Island
  902-566-0630(w),  902-393-4920(c)

>>> On 7/5/2010 at 10:09 AM, in message
<CEA75392DDDF7B479A1D4D5BB73FF1D20CB515662D at MCFE-140-EX001.mc.local>,
"Soulliere, Robert" <robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
> I think the vandelay import "source" select box sets the "tcn_source"
field
> instead of the "source" field in the biblio.record_entry table, but
the
> options for the select box are pulled from the config.bib_source
table.
> Perhaps, the vandelay importer needs two select boxes: One for "tcn
source"
> and one for "bib source" with the "bib source" options appropriately
being
> pulled from config.bib_source. The key different between the fields
is that
> setting the "source" field allows items to be transcendant depending
on your
> settings for the bib_source in config.bib_source.
> This is particularly helpful when importing a large number of
electronic
> resources from a particular source and need them to be transcendant
so they
> display in the OPAC without copies attached.
>
> Is that what you are getting at or did I confuse the issue even
more?

> Robert

Grant