[OPEN-ILS-DEV] New work in the serials integration branch

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Thu Jul 15 11:04:56 EDT 2010

Dan Wells has recently done a lot of work to in the serials area, and he
has created staff client interfaces that promise to cover large parts of
the serials management workflow.  Kudos to Dan!

I'm hoping to draw you out to talk about it a little more, Dan, :-) but
also, there seems to be a little bit of code that's missing, or still to
be committed?

In trying to look at your new interfaces, I chose "Serial Control View"
from the "Actions for this Record" menu of the staff client's opac
wrapper, but from there I just get an error to the effect that my_init
is undefined, and the interfaces are blank.

I can see from your code that there should be definitely be something
happening there, so I'm just wondering whether some JS files are
missing, and/or some XUL overlays (there's a reference to at least one
missing file, manage_items.xul, but I haven't made an exhaustive search
for others).

Sorry if I'm drawing attention to ragged edges, but I'm aching to see
what's going on in the serials UI!

Thanks,
--
Lebbeous