[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: Holds Problem with Evergreen Version 1.6.0.4

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Jun 1 20:55:41 EDT 2010

On 1 June 2010 20:40, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> The most likely cause for both of these (Ryan's and Joe's issues) is
> that autogen.sh needs to be run with the -u switch to regenerate the
> proximity cache.
>
> --miker

Can we make the -u switch the default? IIRC from ages ago, we chose
not to make it a default because sites with lots of libraries would
suffer have a slower autogen.sh.

I think it would make sense, though, to make the default out of the
box experience as painless as possible. If we put the onus on choosing
non-default options on larger sites (which will also have to deal with
configuration work like multiple boxes, potentially database
replication, etc).

If not, perhaps we could trap the less helpful error and insert a more
helpful error message.