[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Sanity check on reingest_uningest.pl issue.

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Jun 16 11:42:16 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 11:33 -0400, Steve Wills wrote:
> I am having trouble finding documentation on this issue which solves a
> or soved a bug in ingesting records on occasion.  Dan's readme says to
> run it every hour to pick up records that got dropped from the simple
> ingestion process.
>

> The problem appears to be that the ingestion script has a flag in it
> that defaults to reporting records that need to be ingested but it
> does not actually perform the ingestion.  In order to do that you need
> to change the flag from FALSE to TRUE.
>

> Will you comfirm that Dan?

It's not a problem, it's a feature that protects you from accidentally
changing the contents of your database unless you're absolutely sure! So
yes, you could change TRUE to FALSE if you wanted to... or you could
just use the command-line parameter to tell it to go ahead and reingest
the records like so:

reingest_uningested.pl --reingest

(For those wondering about what script Steve is talking about, it's the
script at
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS-Contrib/browser/conifer/branches/rel_1_6_0/tools/daily-scripts/reingest_uningested.pl  -- which we haven't had to run in a long time, as I think 1.6.0.4 resolved all of our ingest problems)