[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Getting errors while starting evergreen

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Thu Jun 17 08:41:41 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 6/17/10, arvind chaudhary <arvind.iith at gmail.com> wrote:

> /openils/var/log/router-private.log:router 2010-06-17 15:41:12 [WARN:3406:transport_session.c:663:] ERROR XML fragment: Replaced by new connection</text></stream:error>
> /openils/var/log/router-public.log:router 2010-06-17 15:41:12 [WARN:3405:transport_session.c:663:] ERROR XML fragment: Replaced by new connection</text></stream:error></stream:stream>

> Can someone tell me why I am getting such kind of error?

I can only get you partway there, but maybe that will be useful.

These messages come from the lower-level code that communicates with the
Jabber server.  They report an error message sent by the Jabber server to
the Jabber clients, which in this case are the routers.  The phrase
"Replaced by new connection" is the error description provided by the
Jabber server.

(The trailing rubbish is just irrelevant ugliness.  The OSRF code is
too lazy to extract Jabber's error message from the XML markup within
which it is embedded.  I shall change that OSRF message to make it a
little less mysterious.)

That said, I don't know enough about Jabber to tell you what the
error condition means.  You might try looking at the Jabber logs, which
are likely to be in /var/log/ejabberd/.

Scott McKellar