[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Authority control enhancements in the works

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Jun 25 00:07:22 EDT 2010

Hello:

In early July, I plan to spend two weeks working with the team at the
International Institute of Social History (IISH) - you may have seen
Repke and Marjolein on various Evergreen mailing lists. One of our goals
is to come out of our time together with some additional functionality,
particularly in the areas of authority control (yay!). Our other,
arguably primary goal, is to share as much knowledge as I can with the
team at IISH and help cultivate more development talent locally at IISH
and, by extension, in the general Evergreen community (double yay!).

For the proposed authority enhancements that we plan to work towards,
I've created a Launchpad Blueprint at
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/evergreen/+spec/respect-my-authorities ; you'll find the meatier details of the proposed enhancements at http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:proposal:authorities

We welcome your thoughts, suggestions, warnings, and if you have
full-fledged examples including sample authority and bib records to
illustrate your concerns or ideas, those would be fabulous.