[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Opening Spine labels again...

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Fri Jun 25 10:39:36 EDT 2010

The comments from Jason and Elaine are right on the money.

Basically we need the ability to "wrap" the cutters in specific spots.
The problem arises with the "exceptions" and lack of standards because
of Legacy labeling techniques.

We tried to work it out with 1.2 using nested reg_ex conditionals but
it got REALLY messy.

Perhaps some catalogers could chime in but ...

What I envision is the ability to select a "template" easily (created
based on local needs)  correctly "most of the time".
The generated string with CR/LF would auto open into a text editor as
Jason indicated he's done to be modified if required before printing to
the label printer.

Glad that there is some renewed interest in this... I think we may have
some cycles to provide. Right Alexander? :-)

F. Grant Johnson
  Systems Coordinator
  309 Robertson Library
  University of Prince Edward Island